Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

12 May 2015

Mother’s Day Memories! ♥

Memories and Treasures, that is!

This year I attended two Mother’s Day programs! (Thankfully, one was early in the morning and the other in the mid-afternoon.)

I loved E’s line: ¡Los años no envejecen tu dulce mirada!

We weren’t sure what DJ would do (since this was his first ever school program). In keeping with his personality, he basically sat and drank it all in, observing the goings-on around him.

He lit up when the music teacher started singing
El Pirata del Río de la Plata.

And the jury is still out regarding DJ’s picture of me:


The Little (pipe-loving!) Engineer has tried to explain it to me:
DJ: When your hair comes off, it goes through those pipes and goes onto the floor.
Me: Am I supposed to like that?!
DJ: Yeah, because there’s a heart on your shirt!
(I’m still trying to figure out where in the world he got that whole idea?!)


I was showered with love in the forms of hand-made gifts, garden décor, and two very enthusiastically decorated cakes!


While he piled on the candies with reckless abandon, she fretted over the intricacies of her artistic designs…

Im posting this collage with her permission... J

The garden gifts were even introduced with a dwarfish song by firelight – and a wanderer for extra effect!?

“Not all those who wander are lost…”

I love my little family! 


I consider myself very blessed! 

No comments: