Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

09 May 2015

Celebrating Mother’s Day…

On the eve of this Mother’s Day (like on all the “Mother’s Days” since 1999), mixed emotions fill my heart...

This evening my thoughts go back to thoughts I shared (in 2009) about my own Mommy and (in 2011) about celebrating special family days...
BitterSweet days like these are good opportunities to remember spiritual blessings: Those who are trusting Christ alone for salvation from sin can rejoice in a perfect Father, One who will never fail. HE cannot fail!
Sunday was another reminder to “weep with those who weep” even while we appropriately rejoice in God’s specific goodness to us – and “rejoice with those who rejoice.”
I was remembering Mother’s Day: I could not post the depths of my thoughts that day. The first Sunday in May was too close to the end of April.
I was finding it much easier that weekend to “weep with those who weep” than to “rejoice with those who rejoice.” And I was weeping – especially for my sister, especially for the absence of my own dear mother, especially for my friends who would love to be but are not mothers... This year was markedly different from other years...
I am humbled to be able to rejoice – and I do rejoice – in God’s goodness…

Once again, I am thankful – thankful beyond words – for my precious Little People! And I’m thankful to be celebrating special family days with them!

No comments: