Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

21 May 2016

“Mother’s Day” Season! ♥

Instead of “Mother’s Day” this year, we seemed to have a season! J

“Mother’s Day” in the USA was a week before ours here; fb informed me of that fact. And I got to feeling nostalgic, missing my Mommy whose love still shines... (I’m so thankful!)

E’s school program was two days before “Mother’s Day”:


Tus manos acarician mis silencios
Cuando lágrimas por mi rostro caen.
Tenerte para mí es un privilegio;
La imagen del AMOR ¡eres tú, Madre!

The late-autumn mid-morning air was quite chilly!

DJ’s school program was five days after “Mother’s Day”:


DJ shyly recited the poem with the rest of the class.
[He’s still not too sure about actually talking at school
(except in his own made-up sign language),
so this was a very significant step for him!]

I got to participate, too! J

And E was assistant photographer!

I received many thoughtful, hand-made gifts – the very best kind!


God has been exceedingly good to me – and I’m very thankful!

No comments: