Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

02 September 2019

Beware of Fallacies!

I shared the following anecdote in September 2017:

Shortly after waking up this morning, DJ remarked to me:

Better late than never! is a false disjunction – because people could arrive on time! 😉

. . .

This year, I’m more thankful than ever that both keep thinking...

A recent opportunity for E occurred in the classroom, when a professor, talking about those who hold religious beliefs/convictions, said:

It’s one thing to believe. It’s another to think.

E later told me: That’s a false disjunction: I believe because I think. 😉

No comments: