Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

30 September 2015

We ♥ URUGUAY!

Today marks an important day in our family’s history in Uruguay. Today is a day between two very important days for our family...

Yesterday, I received my certificate of permanent residency, which represents a huge milestone for our family. (The short story is that I “got in” under my brother’s good name; he’s an Uruguayan citizen.) Ironically, I had previously enjoyed “permanent residency” (as a child and teen, living here). In the interim, however, I resided elsewhere – and without returning often enough – and the immigration process changed. So the irony is that this very important milestone could also look like “starting over” – like when you get sent back to the beginning on a game board...

We are obviously hoping that my having (re)obtained permanent residency will assist JM and the Little People in getting theirs sooner (than otherwise might be the case). Please continue to pray to that end!

Tomorrow, Lord willing, we will be attending a ceremony at the Feria Internacional del Libro (International Book Fair). We received a call six days ago, inviting us to the Salón Dorado of the Municipality, where the winners of the writing contest – “Un Cuento Celeste” – will be announced. Our Elizabeth is in the top seven out of 260+ contestants in the 3rd & 4th grade category!


E & DJ were photographed with others participating in the contest.



We’re extremely thankful for our Loving Shepherd’s grace to our family in helping our Little People adapt to learning – and, in E’s case, excelling – in another language.


She has definitely readjusted to her first (spoken) language!

When E submitted her story at the end of July, I told her that her even being able to participate is already a reward in itself. Now we’re telling her that being in the top seven in her category is an accomplishment. But we’re all eagerly awaiting the results that will be announced tomorrow...

Whatever the outcome, I’ll undoubtedly be posting again soon!

No comments: