Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

20 January 2010

Jesus, Savior, Blessed Friend!

This hymn, based on Psalm 73, has been a blessing since college days. It is one of many hymn texts that point troubled believers to Christ – and then end with a focus on eternity.

Whom have I, O Lord, beside you?
What have I except your love?
Where is home if not for heaven,
There to dwell with you above?

Who are you, if not my Savior?
Who am I, if not your own?
What are you, if not my shelter,
Christ, my rock and cornerstone?

Jesus, Savior, blessed friend,
I will love you without end.

Who will share my earthly sorrow?
Who will heal my broken heart?
Who will hold my life together
When it seems to fall apart?

When the fears are far too many,
And the joys are far too few,
Who will comfort and defend me?
Only you, Lord, only you.

Jesus, Savior, dearest friend,
I will love you without end.

Where, O Lord, when life is over,
Can I go, but home to you?
What have I except the promise
Where you are I shall be too?

When at last I reach the comfort
Of that bright celestial place,
There with joy will I behold you,
Gaze upon your glorious face.

Jesus, Savior, heavenly friend,
I will praise you without end.

Text and Music by Deborah R. Govenor
Copyright 1988 by Beckenhorst Press, Inc.
Sheet music (to order) and a sound clip are available here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Deborah, Such beautiful, precious words to the Lord. So glad I found this! Really Blessed me. Thank You!

God Bless your precious heart, Linda