Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

27 May 2010

More SNOW! (Utah: Part 4)

Between meetings we enjoyed time as a family. We drove up Big Cottonwood Canyon and enjoyed the snow still on the ground at two of the ski resorts (now closed, except for weekends).

We ventured out onto the snow, and I sank through the crusty layer on top, through the powder underneath – all the way up to my knee!

Elizabeth was ecstatic about all the snow!

And the trees were so beautiful, too!

We were told we could cross the mountains a different way than we had come up; when we went to investigate the possibility, this is what we saw:


If you look very closely, you can see that the snow comes up to the word closed on the "Road Closed" sign! So, we went back the way we'd come...

No comments: