Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

11 June 2015

#SomosCelestes

Our family wanted so very much to attend the “send-off” friendly match for La Celeste last Saturday. (We live almost a literal stone’s throw from the Estadio Centenario!) But the weather was so humid, and DJ hadn’t been well for three days prior, running a fever off and on and coughing. So my maternal instincts trumped my love of soccer, and we had to be content with watching the game on TV...

DJ somehow got the idea that if Cavani scored, he (DJ) would get to choose a dessert! Well, Cavani scored twice – and DJ got his flan con dulce de leche.

¡Viva URUGUAY!

The next day, he insisted on making a thank-you note to send to Cavani. He borrowed pencil and eraser, asked me how to write Gracias and how to draw a soccer ball, and a few minutes later proudly showed me his finished product:


Can you tell which one is Cavani? What about Suárez? And Forlán?


We definitely have a couple of avid Celeste fans at our house!

(What can I say?! They come by it honestly...) J

No comments: