Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

04 September 2016

¡Y lee en español!

DJ sure took his time before beginning to speak Spanish (at school), but he didn’t waste any time before applying the pre-reading skills he’s being taught in jardinera – and starting to read (quite fluently!) in Spanish.

I’d been trying to focus on teaching him to read English fluently first, basing my decision, in part, on the fact that E did so. (And then, when halfway through K-5 and while on a Christmas trip to Uruguay, she figured out the basics of reading Spanish for herself!) Now DJ seems to be keeping the two languages safely separate and – without apparent interference or confusion – he continues to learn the basics of reading English, too.

The following little video clip gives a glimpse of his developing ability
in Spanish!

Y ahora Dani lee en español también.

No comments: