Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

31 October 2017

Birthday Celebrations!

We took a birthday drive east this year. In the spirit of full disclosure, the day turned into one of those that’s not comprised mainly of “Kodak Moments” – a phrase which I’m guessing could translate as “fb post-able moments” in modern vernacular! At any rate, the afternoon proved to be one in which the demands of life caught up, especially with our exhausted Little People, and we ended up driving back home (a lot) sooner rather than later.


But I’m thankful for moments spent as a family last Saturday.


On Friday evening our college students had organized an informal “snack and fellowship time” before our chapel hour. I made a last-minute coffee cake, and we surprised JM by singing to him. (The “light red” balloons, I must clarify, were left over from a church function.)

“¡Qué los cumplas feliz!”


DJ took a cake to school yesterday. Initially, he was rather unsure about the idea – but ended up having a great time!



¡Feliz Cumple!


And so life – with all the current end-of-semester demands and challenges – rolls along! We feel keenly our need for grace! And we are thankful for our gracious, loving Shepherd!

No comments: