Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

25 January 2018

Cerro Pan de Azúcar & Piriápolis

On Wednesday we took a day trip over to Cerro Pan de Azúcar, near Piriápolis on the Maldonado coast. The outing was a “bonus” – “a hug” from our Loving Shepherd – that our family was not expecting...

This was JM’s and E’s and DJ’s first time. The last time I hiked up Cerro Pan de Azúcar, I was a pre-teen (I think).

The three littlest pilgrims in our group!

Our destination: The Cross at the Top


Going with friends – “old” and new – was icing on the cake” for us! We enjoyed many conversations along the way.

I echo thoughts shared by Pastor Jennings:

Our journey to the cross today reminded me of some great truths about the Cross. We must all come to the foot of the Cross. Like Pilgrim, we find our burden of sin removed there. The Lord has provided for us fellow pilgrims in the journey.


What great fellowship!



JM and DJ had been saying for a while now that Cerro Pan de Azúcar was going to be the first “mountain” they would climb together.



Mission accomplished!







Perspectives inside the cross (at the top)


We also got to tour the refuge for native flora and fauna at the base of the cerro.



Lots of capybaras!


We drove to Piriápolis and ended the evening with picnic leftovers, shared on a nearby beach...






Such a wonderful day together! SO thankful for all the blessings! Truly “a hug” from our Loving Shepherd!

No comments: