Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

25 November 2017

“Thankful Lists!” (+Ice-Cream!)

This year we “snuck away” (from “Grand Central Station”) for an hour or so on Thanksgiving Day to celebrate at a “Mom and Pop” Ice-Cream Shop, just a couple blocks away.


JM commented that we might be starting a tradition!

Summer is almost here, too!


The fourth Thursday of November is simply a middle-of-the-work-week, middle-of-final-exam-week sort of day, occurring during one of the busiest possible weeks in the school year. But I do try to pause (during the “Thanksgiving Season”) to at least work (with E and D) on a tradition we call “Thankful Lists!” The “lists” have taken various forms over the years and have proven to be a good teaching tool and opportunity to focus on the essence of the day.



So much to be thankful for!

No comments: