Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

18 March 2011

March 18: Update on Jonatán

Thank-you for praying for Jona and his family. Thank-you!

Please continue to pray fervently...

Although Jona had been doing well for several weeks (considering all things), he had a difficult evening – with a lot of pain – on Wednesday, March 16, followed by a very rough night – with difficulty breathing and, therefore, sleeping. A chest scan on Thursday revealed that the lung which was operated on in early November is entirely overtaken by tumors; a large tumor is pressing on the trachea, making breathing difficult. The doctors have prescribed new pain medication...

Jona attended school on Thursday. (Yes, he loves school!) When we stopped by to see the family in the evening, Jona seemed as encouraged as ever – telling us about his good-natured joking with hospice representatives earlier in the day, playing the guitar for us, singing a song he composed for his literature class, and holding his littlest cousin’s rapt attention with familiar Sunday School songs. He is resting in the Lord, confident in Christ...


If you read this right away, please pray for rest tonight – for him and for Esteban and Esther and Marcos as well.

Pray for wisdom in decisions that will be made in the next few days, concerning ongoing care.

Pray for continued grace and strength for the entire family – including extended family. (There are moments when our hearts are breaking...)

Pray that the Lord would continue to be glorified through this situation. We continue to rest in Him, confident that He knows and will do what is ultimately best...

16 comments:

Carrie said...

It's the middle of your night--I'm praying.

Deborah said...

Thank-you, dear friend! We feel keenly our need for God's grace...

Ellen said...

Well, I'm having a hard time sleeping tonight for much different reasons, but I'm glad that I was able to read your latest update. Will be praying for him that he will be able to sleep the remainder of this night.

Vicki said...

The Lord woke me up at 4...now I'm praying!

Christy Speed said...

What a picture grace!
My dear sweet friend, thank you for keeping us updated. I will continue to pray for all of you.

Rob and Corrie said...

Thanks for the update. What a sweet testimony that boy has! Praying for him and those who love him so much.

Anonymous said...

We are praying for all of you!!
Con mucho cariño,

Don, Ruthie, Sarah & Jonathan Harris

J. Dalby said...

We'll definitely pray for Jona and family, and will ask in particular for rest for him and that he will have relief from the pain. My kids attend school with Jona and are amazed at his cheerful positive attitude. My son thought he did a great job with the song he wrote for that literature class! He is such an inspiration to all of us, and will continue to pray for grace for you all.

Anonymous said...

I know you don't know me...but I am praying for rest and peace for all of you!

Rita said...

You are in my prayers and thoughts daily. May God grant him rest tonight (and you too). Know that Jona is in the best hands possible (His).

Deborah said...

Thank-you for praying! And thank-you for taking time to write. I plan to post another update soon...

Unknown said...

I saw Jona at school today...smiling like always. He's amazing. Praying hard for him and the rest of y'all.

Anonymous said...

We continue to pray for Jona and his/your family. (from Matthew Hopkins-BJA student/friend-and family)

Brian and Becca said...

Praying for you guys.
In Christ,
RJF
Psalm 84:11-12

Sharon Garrett said...

Praying much for Jona and the family. May God give strength and help as only HE can . The Garretts

Juan Marcos/Stephanie said...

Have been and will continue upholding the entire family in prayer! May God strengthen and fill you with His joy in the midst of trial! (I Peter 1:7-9)