Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

03 March 2011

Even More Travel Tips


As you read these particular travel tips, remember to pray for us – for me!
  • An mp3 player is a wonderful tool for “redeeming the time” in the car. (Thanks, Dad and Mom!)
  • The sovereign King of kings controls all things – even rising gas prices! HE is faithful to provide...
  • Listen to advice from well-meaning brethren; ask our gracious Father for wisdom when that advice is collectively contradictory...
  • Rest in the fact that HE who is All-Wise entrusted our children to us; He has promised the wisdom we (so desperately) need. (cf. Proverbs 2 & James 1)
  • The littlest one whose ever-present, pressing needs occupy so much of my time (especially during church services when I sense my own needs and afterward when opportunities for fellowship might seem so sweet!) is “ A Soul to Train for God.” Those other opportunities will undoubtedly be present (and more appropriate) later...
  • Fellowship with other young moms in church nurseries is often an unexpected blessing!
  • This stage often referred to as “deputation” – with all its duties and (thankfully!) delights – is our present calling, our present ministry. Jesus may come today! May He find us faithful...
“Let not our longing slay the appetite of our living…”
~ missionary Jim Elliot

No comments: