Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

31 March 2011

March 30: Update on Jonatán

We have been truly overwhelmed by the outpouring of prayer support from so many all around the world. May God bless you! Please continue to pray...

Sitting down to write an update, I realized that I last posted details on Jona's situation two nights ago. (Where has time gone?!) We're thankful that last night went better for Jona than the night before did. In fact, he slept so soundly last night that John Mark had to work really hard to get him to wake up for the next nebulizer treatment...

When the hospice nurse checked him last night, she said that his chest sounds fairly good; however, the constant struggle to breathe is making his heart rate high. In spite of all this, he continues to be a blessing. I've never heard him complain about anything – big or small in this situation. That's very convicting!

Please keep praying.

Pray for Jona's Aunt Julia, who will be having an interview tomorrow morning at the American Embassy in Montevideo. Thankfully, the letter from Jona's doctor arrived in her inbox today. Please pray that she will be approved for a visa so that she and her mother can travel to the US as soon as possible.

Pray for Jona's other set of grandparents who are in flight from Uruguay as I write. They are scheduled to arrive in Jacksonville at mid-day tomorrow and would like to be in Greenville by tomorrow night. Please pray that they will be able to rest well on the plane in preparation for a long day's drive.

Pray for Jona to rest well. He has had a relatively good day today but is having trouble finding a comfortable position for sleep tonight.

From the bottom of our hearts, we thank you for praying!

We continue to rest in the loving arms of our Good Shepherd...

7 comments:

Ellen said...

Will be praying!!

Christy Speed said...

Much love to you all, tonight, sweet friend. Praying constantly! If there is anything I can do, day or night, PLEASE call!

Bethany L. said...

Will keep praying! Thank you so much for the updates, Deborah.

Nylsa said...

We are praying morning, noon and night. Jona comes to mind so often during the day, and I stop to pray for him and the rest of the family...Thanks to having worked in the visa office I have been able to pray specifically in regards to the visas. Praise the Lord for givng all of you the strength and grace that HE has given. Your testimonies have encouraged us!

Unknown said...

Cherie B.

Thank you so much for the updates. This really helps me know what the need is to pray for.

Unknown said...

Cherie B. Said...

thank you for the updates. It really helps know what the needs for prayer are.

Anonymous said...

Like I posted on Megans facebook wall. Jona is a Great Warrior of God. Tell him he must be someone special to be chosen for this great testimony to others. He is such a blessing ,over abundant and running over with Gods love. Praying for peace and safe travel for all the family and for everyone to get here without a hold up. Psalms 91:9-16 Even the whole passage is good I think this might help .. God Bless!!
9 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge,
even the Most High, thy habitation;
10
there shall no evil befall thee,
neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
11
For he shall give his angels charge over thee,
to keep thee in all thy ways.
12
They shall bear thee up in their hands,
lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
13
Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder:
the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.

14
Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him:
I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.

15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him:
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him, and honor him.

16
With long life will I satisfy him,
and show him my salvation.
From:Kim McKnight (Megans Mom)