Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

28 March 2011

March 28: Update on Jonatán

This will be a very quick and rather short update: Telegraph Style. (I'm sitting in Marcos' bedroom with a very squirmy almost-five-month-old...)

Please continue to pray for Jona. He has had several rough moments today... Breathing is a constant struggle as his lungs fill with fluid. He did have at least two incidents coughing up "stuff" today, granting some measure of relief. He also has moments when he breathes extremely fast. At one point today, he was breathing fifty times per minute!

Please pray for continued grace and strength for the family  especially as we watch by Jona's side during the night. He rests better, knowing we are there for him.

Please keep praying for extended family. (A list of specific prayer requests is included in the March 26 update.)

Jona continues to be a blessing. We are so thankful for God's extending his time with us. We are trusting our loving Shepherd to do what is best...

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw him today--what a blessing! I did notice his fast paced breathing but he was his usual self. Always praying!

Shelly K. said...

We continue to uphold your entire family in prayer.

Anonymous said...

We're praying! The Hopkins family

Carin Meerdink said...

Thanks for the updates, Deborah. Many hundreds are praying. I have been praying for the things you mentioned and that Jona's homegoing will be gentle and joyful. Asking God to uphold all of you with his grace and peace as you go through these difficult hours.

Love,

Carin

Cindy Franklin said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to keep everyone updated. Love and prayers from Cindy and Tim Franklin (Rachel's in-laws. Rachel is Pat Garwood's daughter.)

Faith said...

Have been keeping Jona and the all the family in my thoughts and prayers. Faith Doan Nichols, I am Pat Garwood's step-daughter.Will continue to keep you all in my prayers.

Mary Ann Perez said...

It was so good to see you yesterday and hear you play the guitar. You're really good! I love you and continue to pray for you and your dear family.

Anonymous said...

Praying for him and all of you. Jona you're an amazing young man and such a great example and testimony for the Lord. Jason and Krista Peabody (Pat Garwood's neice and family)

KarenFaith Kuhns said...

Dear Ones: Thanks for the updates.
I have been in the states since March 16 and am already travelling from place to place. I'm sitting
in dalles, Tx now. You folks are MUCH in my prayers. May God continue to sustain you with His grace and perfect will. Hugs from one Uruguayan at heart to another.
Karen Faith Kuhns