Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

31 March 2011

March 31: Update on Jonatán

Jona had a rough night; finding a comfortable position is becoming increasingly difficult, and breathing is a constant struggle...

He asked his dad to pray with him throughout the night last night. Earlier this morning, he spontaneously prayed out loud, asking God to comfort his family, to give him peace, praying for another day with his family and asking that if any of the family do not know Christ they would come to Him...

I mentioned in the note last night that I have never heard Jona complain about anything – big or small in this situation. His dad, who spent countless (often excruciating) hours at the hospital with him, gives the same testimony.

What an amazing work of grace God is doing in our sweet Jona's heart!

11 comments:

Rob and Corrie said...

Praying for this dear boy...and all his loved ones.

wadeandbec said...

We are praying!!

Anonymous said...

The Lord can only trust certain people to carry such a heavy load. Thank you for your faithfulness to HIM. We continue to pray for the entire family.

Danielle said...

Jona was my sixth grade student, and I'm praying for him every day. Thank-you for keeping us updated. If you talk to him soon, could you let him know that his sixth grade teacher is encouraged by his testimony? Thanks.

Anonymous said...

We continue to pray for this amazing young man...so steadfast in his faith in such a time. He shows forth such an amazing testimony. The Hopkins

Mrs. Morgan said...

I am praying for Jona and for his family. I miss his smiling face when he would come to the junior high to visit. He is such an encouragement to me. Thank you Jona. Love to you. Mrs. Morgan

Mrs. Morgan said...

I am praying for you Jona and for your family. I miss you coming to the junior high and brightening up my day! Love to you. Mrs. Morgan

Anonymous said...

"I will love Thee, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock..." Ps 18:1-2

Thank you so much for the blog. I have been praying all along and will continue to pray.

Anonymous said...

"I will love Thee, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock..." Ps 18:1-2

Thank you so much for the blog. I have been praying all along and will continue to pray.

Anonymous said...

Though we have never met, we have been praying for all of you. It sure puts life in perspective when looking at "successful" young people today, who have no hope in eternity.

Teresa Ripoll said...

Seguimos orando por Jona y toda la familia, por la misericordia y fortaleza del Señor junto a ustedes, Besos, Teresa.-