Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

15 March 2011

Ohio Travels

Our recent travels have taken us to OH and back – and back again!

Most of the traveling has been enjoyable for all...
(We're very thankful!)

Highlights have included the SNOW we experienced!

We actually had several snows...

We enjoyed a snowy evening drive through Amish country.

But it sure was sad to see the snow melting...

However, we later got enough to make a snowman (of sorts)!

We're very thankful!

2 comments:

Keren said...

O! I recognize those picture: the Tamarack!

Did you stop and eat there? We always assumed it was expensive, but during the last days of my dad's life (he lived and worked in WV) he told us that we should try the cherry turnover--he and my mom always stopped to get it. Well, we tried it; it was too sour for us, but the other food was AMAZING! Made from "scratch" for the most part and not much more expensive than a fast food place. We almost always stop there on the way up to visit my mom in WV--it's 2.5 more hours to her house. The food is pretty amazing. If you haven't tried it before but head back up that way again we highly recommend it.

Deborah said...

Yes, the Tamarack! We actually haven't eaten there, although a couple who recently hosted us in OH hightly recommended it. (If I remember correctly, the chef is a personal friend of theirs.) We really should try it out...

We've actually stopped (several times) to use a corner of the parking lot to feed the Little Man. And the facilities are well-kept, and the play area is fun! :o)