Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

30 October 2016

“Happy Birthday, Little Man!”

This evening marks the sixth anniversary of our seeing – for the very first time – the face of a Baby Boy with whom we had already fallen deeply in love! For months we had called him by name, sung to him, spoken to him, and held him – all with him hidden away, in secret.

Hearing his first cry that night (a vigorous one!), I’d spoken comfortingly to my “Itty Bitty Boy” (causing one of the nurses to exclaim: I’m not sure he’s so “itty bitty” – at almost ten pounds!) He weighed 9 lbs. 14 oz. to be exact!

Upon hearing my voice, our Baby Boy had immediately stopped crying, amazing the nurses.


And when JM had spoken to him right afterward, he’d strained to open his eyes to see his Daddy for the very first time.

And that alert attitude has continued non-stop these past six years.


The kindergarten staff in Montevideo recently listed his “attentive, observant posture” (toward learning) as one of his academic strengths. And just this past week, he performed very well on standardized placement tests here in the USA. Looking back over the challenges of the past two years, we are especially thankful...

We love you, Little Man!

No comments: