Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

11 April 2011

April 11: Update on Jonatán

Yesterday was a fairly quiet day; Jona seemed to be extra tired and napped off and on most of the morning and into early afternoon. Seeing him like that was very difficult for us, making us extra thankful for his alert time, especially today.

After not resting very well during the night two nights ago, he seemed to have a more restful night last night. Were thankful! As I posted on FaceBook: Rest is certainly not to be taken for granted!

Visitors have also been a blessing!

Were especially thankful for Ron Hamilton (Patch the Pirate) who came this afternoon with his wife and son, Jason, to sing several encouraging songs, including Jonas current favorites: Bow the Knee and Be Still, my Soul. What a blessing! We can only imagine what Heaven will be like when we who have been redeemed sing together in our Saviors presence...

Read Ron Hamiltons story and find out how he learned to rejoice in the Lord in the middle of his trials!

We were deeply moved by the Hamiltons heart-felt, humble, and gracious ministry to us...

Jona was especially blessed by their ministry  and Marcos was delighted to have Patch the Pirate here, too!

Patch the Pirate was also a highlight for our Little Princess!

4 comments:

Maribel said...

Jona looks tired. I'll be praying for him this morning.

Your little Elisabeth looks so excited!! That is sweet.

God continue to bless you.

Maribel

Donna said...

How special. Prayers continuing to mount to Him Who can do ALL things.

Uncle Daniel :-) said...

Didn't think the whole thing would fit in!! There are many prayers ascending "down here" as well. Mario and Miriam send their greetings and love to all.


There is singing up in heaven
Such as we have never known,
Where the angels sing the praises,
Of the Lamb upon the throne,
Their sweet harps are ever tuneful,
And their voices always clear;
O, that we might be more like them,
While we serve the Master here.

CHORUS
Holy, holy, is what the angels sing,
And I expect to help them make the courts of heaven ring;
But when I sing redemption's story,
They will fold their wings,
For angels never felt the joys
That our salvation brings.

But I hear another anthem,
Blending voices clear and strong,
"Unto Him that hath redeemed us, and has bought us," is the song;
"We have come through tribulations,
To this land so fair and bright,
In the fountain freely flowing,
He hath made our garments white."

Then the angels stand and listen,
For they cannot join that song,
Like the sound of many waters,
By that happy, blood washed throng;
For they sing about great trials,
Battles fought and victories won,
And they praise their great Redeemer,
Who hath said to them, "Well done."

So, although I'm not an angel,
Yet I know that over there,
I will join a blessed chorus,
That the angels cannot share;
I will sing about my Saviour,
Who upon dark Calvary,
Freely pardoned my transgressions,
Died to set a sinner free.

Deborah said...

Dearest Uncle Daniel!

Thank-you for sharing that hymn; it brought tears to my eyes (which isn't too hard to do these days, I admit). Some of the stanzas are new to me...

So beautiful! Thank-you!