Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

09 April 2011

April 8: Update on Jonatán

The day began with the following FaceBook status:
Please PRAY for Jonatan David Torres; he had a good, restful night but is now struggling (more than "usual") to breathe...
By God's grace, tonight's FaceBook status reads:
Thank-you for praying for Jonatan David Torres today. His breathing improved as the day went on, and he was encouraged by a conference call that included him in this evening's Sophomore Class Party at BJA.
Please pray now for another restful night, free of complications...

Thank-you for praying so faithfully! God is working...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I got up this morning, this verse seemed so appropriate: "For nothing is impossible for God." Luke 1:37

Praying for Jona and the miracle God has planned.

Donna said...

Makes me cry! Praise the Lord for technology.
I taught in Sunday School yesterday about Jehova-Rophie (sp? I can't remember now how it's spelled in English!)--anyway, the God Who Heals. We talked a lot about Jona and the father of a child in my class who died of the same cancer. We talked about God's healing on earth, His healing through death, and ultimately His healing of our sinfulness. How powerful!
It was such a blessing to hear 3rd-6th graders discuss such hefty subjects, acknowledging that we don't always understand the WHY of what God does, but we can rest in the knowledge that He is El Roi--the God Who Sees--and He will make all things right!
Continue to "Bow the Knee" to Him who knows the beginning from the end.
Love and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for posting! I know it takes a lot of time & effort, but it is so appreciated! Praise the Lord for the Hamiltons. We are praying for you all. Please give Jona our love. DTF