Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

02 April 2011

April 2: Update on Jonatán

We continue to praise our loving Shepherd...

Jona had a good night last night. After a friendly visit from some of the staff who helped care for him at GHS, he slept for a five-hour stretch without medication! He then went for another five-hour stretch without medication – into the late morning...

We were very, very thankful to be together as an extended family today, celebrating Grandpa Garwood's 75th birthday! (Click on the hyperlinked words to see pictures.)

Another blessing this evening was the Skype call from the youth group at the church in Pando, Uruguay – the church that Jona's Grandpa Torres pastored when Esteban was a teenager!

Overall, the day went well for Jona. He is quite tired right now. Once again, the night hours are near; they are always the most difficult for Jona. Please pray fervently for him.

A dear friend encouraged us last night with the following thought based on Psalm 121:
Each night we bring to the One who never sleeps our pleas for Jona to find rest in sleep.
Please do pray for another restful night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Psalm 3:5 I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the Lord sustained me.

This is my prayer for your entire family.