Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

12 April 2011

April 12: Update on Jonatán

We appreciate your continual prayers for Jonatán. This morning was challenging – as the past four mornings have been. In spite of resting "well" during the night hours, he tends to have great difficulty with rapid and/or irregular breathing and racing pulse, a problem which is now more noticeable even in the daytime...

Visitors continue to be a blessing throughout the day. Jona appreciates you, and you're a (good!) distraction for family members, too!

Uncle John Mark is currently at a missions conference in Iowa; I more than suspect that Jona misses him. Please pray for a safe (and timely) return for John Mark.

We continue to rest in our loving Shepherd who as He promises is leading us in righteous paths for His Name's sake. The night hours are once again upon us, and we continue to rest in His presence.

As the psalmist penned many years ago:
If I take the wings of the morning,
And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
Even there Your hand shall lead me,
And Your right hand shall hold me.
If I say: Surely the darkness shall fall on me,
Even the night shall be light about me;
Indeed, the darkness shall not hide from You,
But the night shines as the day;
The darkness and the light are both alike to You.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're praying! The Hopkins family

Anonymous said...

" The day is thine, the night also is thine: Thou hast prepared the light and the sun." Ps. 74:16

The night of affliction is as much under the arrangement and control of the Lord of Love as the bright summer days when all is bliss - CH Spurgeon.

Praying for peace that passeth all understanding for you all tonight, that Jona and all would rest in the God of Grace. It is a privilege to pray for you. We have grown in our faith through your testimony. the Clements' family