Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

17 April 2011

April 17: Update on Jonatán

First of all, last night's plumbing problem has been fixed. Thank-you for praying! We've been blessed as we've traced the small (as well as the big) ways our gracious God answered and provided...

God sent a (now) dear friend to help by Jona's side while Esteban worked on the water pipe and Esther got some much-needed rest. John Mark was over at our house, finishing his evening nap (since he was on deck to be the main one at Jona's side last night), and I was finishing the daily update (all the while I was on-call for our five-month-old who was scheduled to get hungry – again!) Looking back, we're so thankful for God's advance provision – in every detail!

Another exciting detail in this story was the very large case of bottled water a co-worker of Esther's dropped off just yesterday. Folks have been very kind and generous, bringing all kinds of things to help the family, but this was the first bottled water they'd been given – and just when God knew we would need it! We saw it as one of those "before they call, I will answer" situations! As Jona has reminded us so often during this whole trial in his life: God is amazing!

Considering the fact that Jona is getting weaker, today has been a good day for him...

Sweet friends came to sing hymns to him – including his two current favorites: Be Still, my Soul and Bow the Knee. He was able to sit up – and even participate, moving his lips to the words of Bow the Knee. As we asked him what else he wanted us to sing, he asked: Do Christmas carols count? At his request, we sang O Holy Night and then a stanza in Spanish. (Click here to see a video clip of Jona singing the carol in Spanish last Christmas.)

Later in the afternoon, when he was sitting up again for meds, he even told a long, drawn-out joke to John Mark! No... It's far too corny to post... Just let me say (again!) that we're thankful for every interaction we're able to have with our dear Jona.

Please continue to pray – especially now as night approaches...

God is good – all the time!

The LORD God is a sun and shield;
The LORD will give grace and glory;
No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly.
O LORD of hosts, blessed is the man who trusts in You!

4 comments:

KimB said...

"Praise God from Whom ALL blessings flow" ... so many that our "cup runneth over." Thank you so much, Deborah, for "spilling" your overflow our way! Continuing in prayer ...

Karis said...

Deborah, Thank you for the updates. We are praying for your family everyday. When I awake in the night I pray for you, too. It has been a blessing and encouragement to see your family's testimony through this difficult time. Praise the Lord for bottled water. God is good all of the time.
Greg and Karis (Pat's niece) and family

Anonymous said...

I am rebuked at my lack of trust in our Great God every time I read this blog. "Lord I believe, help thou my unbelief."

Anonymous said...

Your family is constantly in my prayers. Praying that God gives you an overwhelming peace...