Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

05 April 2011

April 5: Update on Jonatán

After a rough beginning last night, Jona was eventually able to rest well. This morning, he told me: “I found a comfortable position and was able to sleep.” God answered prayer! And Jona has had a good day today, too.

When you read about “good” days, please keep in mind that were thinking back to eleven evenings ago when we were seeing signs that should have meant it was Jona’s last evening with us. God has given us eleven “bonus” days with him... Then again, He has given every one of us eleven “bonus” days. Only God knows the number of our days – and yours, too! (Psalm 139)

We are thankful for Jona’s continued ministry – to us as his extended family as well as to innumerable folks literally around the world! And we’re thankful for the precious moments we’ve enjoyed especially in the past few days, singing favorite hymns as a family and sharing passages – especially from the Psalms.

So many have encouraged us, letting us know that you pray for Jona when the Lord awakens you in the middle of the night. Several have commented that sleeplessness or interruptions are unusual for you, and you have taken the opportunity to pray for Jona and for us. We appreciate your praying – more than words could possibly say...

And now, night is once again upon us... With the darkening sky come the challenges of once again trying to find a comfortable position and rest in sleep; we appreciate your continued prayers for Jona...

Please do pray for another restful night.

8 comments:

Monique Walker said...

Hi I'm from Bay Ridge Baptist Church in Brooklyn, NY. I just want to let you know I've been following this blog ever since I met Jona almost 2 years ago. He has A LOT of people in NYC praying for him and for all of you, his extended family. His testimony has made an enormous impact on the calloused people of this city.

Anonymous said...

I am praying that Jona will have a restful night. I felt burdened last night around 11:50 to pray that he would sleep well. I'm so glad he did! You all are constantly in my prayers, and I do my best to read every blog post. Please don't stop writing them! Thank you for your wonderful testimonies.

Anonymous said...

Continued prayers!!

Bethany L. said...

I was praying for Jona the same hour as anonymous above. I was praying on an Amtrak train! Just realized that was pretty unusual. =) I was bringing our 6 year old back home, on his longest and first Amtrak ride ever, and was praying for Jona's sleep as my child finally slept in my lap.

Donna said...

Eager to hear how last night went. Prayed for you all off and on throughout the night. The Lord blessed me with these verses from Psalm 16--in light of what you and Jonas are going through. Trust they are a source of comfort this morning.

5The LORD is my chosen portion and my cup;
you hold my lot.
6 The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance.

7 I bless the LORD who(J) gives me counsel;
in the night also my heart instructs me.
8 I have set the LORD always before me;
because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken.

9Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices;
my flesh also dwells secure.
10 For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol,
or let your holy one see corruption.
11You make known to me the path of life;
in your presence there is fullness of joy;
at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

Love and prayers.

DJ said...

My children attend school with Jona and we have been praying for his healing for nearly 2 years. Our prayers have become even more fervent the past several weeks, especially inspired by the one post challenging us to really believe that God CAN still heal. Every time I stop during the day - whether to eat, drive, take a break, wake up in the middle of the night, etc - I pray for Jona. I also find myself searching for these updates multiple times each day - thank you for keeping us updated. And countless others at our church and in our family are praying for Jona. Even though I only know him through my children, he is such an inspiration and a witness of God's power and grace. I now I pray that God will touch and heal, as only He can. God Bless you all.

Teresa Ripoll said...

Jona y querida familia, cada noche al acostarme pido al Señor un buen descanso para ti y tu familia. Muchos hermanos en Uruguay están orando por ti y todos ahí. Seguimos orando por el amor de Dios sobre todos ustedes. Dios les bendiga, Teresa.

Sharon Garrett said...

We continue to pray for Jona and the entire family. His testimony is an inspiration to us. We have him on our prayer list in the Spanish church as well. Garrett family